Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Romanian GP WASR 10-63 from CAI (Updated)



I picked up this guy for the Ms. for a Christmas present...I know!

I'm not that sleazy, she wanted one ever since I became interested in them after I got a nice Yugo SKS.

It was found in a pawn shop and has since been the test bed for my AK/ AKM training.

It features a side folding metal stock, as you can see I added my own cheek piece (see my first post).

It is chambered for 7.62x39 mm. It is kind of a frankenstein. I tried to make it look like an AIMS 74 and the MD-86 Romanian AKM rifles. Other can fill you in on the hustory and a rundown on the different types of Romanian AK's.

Here is a good start:

http://avtomats-in-action.com/pro19.html

 It has been through the hands of the importers and now will accept hi cap, double stack mags.

It came with a set of black polymer furniture, including the grip, but I swapped that out for a kit from APEX, I recommend them, they were a fine company, wish them best of luck.

AK with my temporary scope...I want something combloc.



Other mods were swapping out the slanted muzzle brake for a AK74 style brake. Of course I'd like to fit a real one( front sight block with brake) but that is for another day...lots of other things needed first.

Got the green web sling for it, but also found a brown leather sling that is nice too.

I also replaced the return/recoil spring and it has since fed fine without error.

Older pic, with slant brake. I was able to find the Bayonet frog and wrist strap online as well as the surplus mag pouch.

All in all I like her alot and this is a nice kit. I would take this gun over the M-16 that I was once issued, any day.



No comments:

Post a Comment