Sunday, September 9, 2012

Dreyse 1907 7.65 mm (.32acp)



German Dreyse model 1917 semi auto pistol.

So where should I begin?


Well this specimen was won for a mere $200 on GunBroker.

The seller was helpful and had a good insight on the origins of this pistol.

Developed in Germany, these pistols were carried in WW1 and WW2.

My pistol was a bring back from a US service member in WW2. I am trying to obtain more details on the circumstances.

I suppose that I should mention that I had problems when firing this weapon at the range.


After 3 fires it stopped cocking reliably or not at all.

I also suggest you not load snub ammo or hollow points, these were jammed up every time for me. I had some ball ammo, that fed better while it lasted. Although it wasn't smooth at all.

And the hams were incredibly difficult to clear as there isnt a rear slide lock, and the slide serrations are at the front of the slide...very awkward!

All in all cool, a 100 year old gun.
Only its more work...again!


Nick


For a better review more info, check out this page, from Unblinking Eye.

http://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/07Dreyse/07dreyse.html

Ed has alot of good info and is a helpful guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment